Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kendal Town on Tuesday

Kendal Town on Tuesday 3 weeks 3 days ago #12249

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 245
Kendal game called off yesterday due to some of their volunteers showing flu like symptoms

Seems unlikely, under these circumstances, that our game against them on Tuesday will go ahead. Shame if its off as we really need to start getting some points from our games in hand over Workington, but guess peoples health has to come first
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58

Kendal Town on Tuesday 3 weeks 3 days ago #12250

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Nice One Darkside - that's good info , and wasn't aware of the Kendal Town situation . Yep , people's health and well-being are of paramount importance and should always take priority over sport and entertainment . In some ways this Coronavirus is like a concentrated ' fart ' in an upturned colander - you simply don't know which hole it's gonna come out of next ! Worst case scenario for us is the abandonment of the entire season , as my understanding is that infections from this Virus will not peak until a further 8 to 9 weeks down the line so things ain't looking good in order to complete the Season , and are ticketing arrangements wholly appropriate to restrict gates to 500max which would have to include players , match officials , stewards . catering staff , Chairman etc. etc. Agree the NPL is between a ' rock and a hard place ' - their words .

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58

Kendal Town on Tuesday 3 weeks 3 days ago #12252

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I'm afraid I tend to agree with Darkside and Hackers, that the situation could drag on. If it lasted the whole summer and you can't discount that scenario at all, what decision do the football authorities arrive at.

One thing for sure. Whatever they eventually decide, it will not be universally accepted and upset certain clubs. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes on this one. They are in a no win situation.

Tuesday's game with Kendal Town will probably be off anyway, taking into consideration the problem they have within the club with the virus. We wish them well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

Kendal Town on Tuesday 3 weeks 2 days ago #12254

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
I don't know how long it takes for the effects of the virus to "show their face", but remember that quite a few of us were at Kendal Town on the 7th March!
Hope everyone is OK, both here and at Kendal.

Kendal Town on Tuesday 3 weeks 2 days ago #12258

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Sad to say the NPL have suspended all further games owing to Coronavirus .

Hackers

LATE EXTRA

Good article in the Mail on Sunday giving 4 Options as to how the Season can be saved .
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds