Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stats from 2019/20 season

Stats from 2019/20 season 1 month 1 day ago #12366

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 76
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all keeping well through these strange times.
I wanted to let you all know that, despite the decision of the FA to null and void the 2019/20 season for our level and below (interesting to see that this has not been the case at Steps 1 and 2 as announced today), it has been agreed that we, Ramsbottom United FC, will NOT be expunging the matches, results, appearances, goals and the like from our records as seen on the website.
It is felt that the matches were played competitively and it would be unfair to the players and the staff to remove this season's efforts from the history books. The 2019/20 season will certainly not be forgotten in a hurry and it will forever be thus that our final match of the season was the exciting 1-0 win at Marine.
But to expect us to remove all of the matches from our history is nonsense and we, like a number of other clubs, will not be doing so.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58, From the Darkside, Hackers, The Devils Guard

Stats from 2019/20 season 1 month 1 day ago #12367

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249
Excellent news and the correct thing to do, Richard

Hope you are all doing well down there in Hampshire and hope to see you sooner, rather than later

Stats from 2019/20 season 1 month 1 day ago #12370

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
To take something away that has been used ,done or eaten is quite impossible, so Ramsbottom United are doing the right thing and keeping something that nearly was fully done auto promotion that has been taken away by the virus we will never know if it would have happened auto or knock-out promotion. But the results and the season as was should be there to show. Well Done You Rams. Terry Marsh .

Stats from 2019/20 season 1 month 1 day ago #12371

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Richard, what do the authorities care about us, nowt. Nice to know that other clubs have taken the same stance as our club has and recognised the contribution of the players accordingly for all matches played up to Marine away, our final match.

Look forward to seeing you up these parts in the not too distant future.

Stats from 2019/20 season 1 month 1 day ago #12373

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
Only a very few truly iconic moments in my mind watching The Rams . For me ' That Save ' by Martin Fearon in the Play-Off Final at Bamber Bridge is right up there , and now I think our last game away at Marine prior to lockdown and it's association with the Coronavirus pandemic will throw up another . For me the Jamie Rother strike late on will prove down the line to be another never to be forgotten iconic moment . The winning goal in itself , a truly superb and perfectly timed volleyed connection with a mid-height aimed cross from Steady Eddie and then whoosh as it hits the back of the net giving their top goalie no chance whatsoever , and it was almost as though the goalie started his dive after the ball started to roll down the goal netting . All that and right in front of the packed ranks of the Rammy faithful behind the goal . Wow , just wow .
Last Edit: 1 month 13 hours ago by Hackers.

Stats from 2019/20 season 1 month 9 hours ago #12374

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 76
Hello everyone,

Yes, all is well down here in the deep south - trying to make the most of all of this, which is far from easy. In the normal world, I would currently be in India working on the IPL and preparing myself for the English domestic summer starting May 29. Instead, today, the ECB have announced there will be nothing until July 1 at the earliest, if at all so I sit and wait foric news.

And so whilst I do that ... I am surviving the local public of western Southampton by being a pizza delivery man!! It's all a bit rubbish really .....
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds