Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE 17TH JUNE

THE 17TH JUNE 1 month 1 week ago #12460

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Will certainly be good to see at least the Premier Division resuming competitive League games on the 17th June and also a date given out for the FA Cup Final . Hopefully this will and determination to get footy back underway will cascade down the football pyramid and reach down to us lot at Step 8 in time to get our new season in motion. However , still a big reality check for the Club and us all to deal with . By the time that The Rams kick-off will the social distancing still be at 2 metres or maybe reduced to a metre and a half or even down to just 1 metre . This will affect gate attendances , and could the Club afford to play home games behind closed doors in a worst case scenario ? Will the Club take cash at the turnstiles or will it be a credit or debit card jobby . Can the Club afford to test and re-test the players for every match which would reportedly cost Oldham Athletic Football Club around the £140,000 mark , or can we just get by with a temperature gun to test players and match officials . Also the issue of Club Insurance and Players Insurance comes into the frame to insure against this nasty Coronavirus . The plot just seems to throw up some hurdles we wouldn't normally consider or encounter .

I suppose it's just a fingers crossed jobby at the moment and hope and pray that the relaxations with regard to the present lockdown doesn't lead to a spike in infections and a second wave .
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE 17TH JUNE 1 month 1 week ago #12461

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 170
Yes, it's difficult to imagine how we're going to get started up again; particularly, as you say, with the cost of testing players and officials, even if no fans are present. They say that patience is a virtue, well we're going to be the most virtuous people ever by the end of this!

Even once certain things are "allowed" there will still be responsibility on each individual to decide whether they will play/attend, whether that's players, officials or fans. i.e. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Do we increase our risk of getting the virus because we want to watch Rammy? When a fair group of us went to Marine we made a decision at that point despite knowing that matches higher up the pyramid had already been cancelled due to the virus. Whilst at the time I said "yeah, let's go for it!", I think I am a little less blase now I have better understanding of the potential severity of it.

THE 17TH JUNE 1 month 1 week ago #12462

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Hackers, I cannot see how we could play without income from the gate takings. Its a worry too about the testing procedure and what it costs. I think almost 100% of non league clubs would take a big gulp at a paltry £140,000! We probably struggle to get gate takings anywhere near that figure.

Exactly what the score will be this coming season regarding sponsorship is up for debate. You have to be up and running to get someone to part with their cash. Which leads to another question, have local businesses any spare cash? In the main, they have been shut for 3 months.Remember, our step in the Pyramid is still looking for a league sponsor too.

It will be a very testing time for all non league clubs. As Katie states, many of us will hold a different slant on the current situation, than the one we had on 14th March. If we have learned anything during this pandemic, looking after yourself and others will be high on the list. When the time comes to open the doors again, you have to weigh up the pro's and cons at that point. Nobody should be expected to just turn up. After 40,000 plus deaths, who could blame them.

THE 17TH JUNE 1 month 1 week ago #12464

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
You would imagine that the Northern Premier League would have a legal ' Duty of Care ' to all 62 Clubs under its jurisdiction to ensure that when the new season starts that all games can be held in a way that is safe for all . The League therefore will have to issue guidance to all Clubs as to how to get the new season underway and what steps the Club's have to take to produce a safe environment at their respective Grounds . I can't see anything happening before the guidance is issued . The FA must have now issued guidance to the Premier League Clubs and it would be interesting to see the guidance and it must come with a cost implication and it is that cost that will determine whether lower League Teams and Non-League Teams can afford to start up . One scenario is that the whole Football Pyramid will be significantly reduced in size and steps and our first competitive League game will be against Bacup Borough in Sky Bet Division 2 of the EFL ! ! ! . Promotion indeed .

Also , I heard a few interesting comments from a high ranking official who worked for the World Health Organisation some 10 years ago [ now retired ] and his take on the matter is that the virus is never going to go away and people will have to learn to live with it for the rest of their lives . That's interesting to say the least and furthermore each individual will have to carry out their own risk assessments each and every day to not put themselves in harms way , and if this proves to be the case and people avoid large public gatherings it will create havoc in the Football Pyramid , and not even a successful vaccine will save the day . Could all lead to a new world order . Sorry that seems a bit glass half empty - he could be wrong of course .

Hackers
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Hackers.

THE 17TH JUNE 1 month 2 days ago #12467

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
The 17th June will soon be upon us and will be good to see competitive Football back albeit behind closed doors . It will be most interesting to see what procedures & protocols are in place to play the matches . Safe to assume that there won't be any lining up and shaking hands with the opposition and match officials just prior to kick-off . I presume less people at the Ground the better , so no need for many stewards . Hand sanitisers on the touchline ? Some changes are gonna be obvious to produce a bio-safe and secure environment for all , but I'm sure a few surprises will be thrown up , but much to follow and learn and take in before The Rams get underway . Masks in use anywhere at the Grounds ? Physio's in full PPE ? Arm-bumps at close of play ?

Hackers
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

THE 17TH JUNE 3 weeks 17 hours ago #12470

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
On the big topic of ' exciting news ' , I really can say I'm not arsed or even remotely excited about the return of League football tomorrow Wednesday the 17th June . I haven't a clue who plays whom , and El Tactico tells me that Saturday's televised game is Bournemouth -v- Crystal Palace so won't watch that but maybe say the first 10 mins to see how many cardboard stiffs are sat in the stands and whether they have been tested or not , and also if they can ' roar ' when a goal goes in . Artificial crowd and soundtrack ! I don't know what to make of all that , but do expect the players to give 100% effort .
Lastly , I do hope there's no rude , dubious , and inappropriate football ' chants ' on the soundtracks , but I wouldn't complain to the FA and Aston Villa Chairman if I heard a few ' Who are Yer ' ! or ' Come on u Rams ' er Blades in this case . Tee Hee .
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds