Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PLAYERS AWAY:

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 2 days ago #12474

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
No news to come straight away it is here two players have left under different circumstances Tom Stewart {Goalkeeper} is going to Stalybridge the reason a young keeper needs a goalkeeping coach he has never had that at Ramsbottom United and for that reason only he has left The Rams . New ways for a keeper keep coming through and to learn them a coach of very good quality is needed . I will miss Tom but he has my very Best Wishes in his footballing career . Josh Hmami has signed for Marine after being released by TNT . My Best Wishes goes to Josh a footballer I was very impressed with but sadly leaving our club seems to be the way he needs to go . Truly two players that helped The Rams to push the way they did in the nil and void season . :evil: Mr.Terry Marsh Esquire
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 2 days ago #12476

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
I got information about other parts of what was an awesome team when system change took place are leaving , Naidole and Jones have gone Nico is being chased by higher league clubs and maybe Gooden might go to a higher league club he is good enough for this to be correct. One great team we had and a season that was nil and void seems to be the virus at Ramsbottom United , if only . . TDG - TM
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by The Devils Guard. Reason: Info that might or could be wrong .

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 2 days ago #12477

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
It very much seems to me that the Kingpins down at The Riverside have never heard of or grasped the phrase ' Lifelong Learning ' and are so behind the curve that they have flat lined . Tom Stewart a fantastic young keeper has been crying out for a goalkeeping coach for months now but his pleas obviously fell on stoney ground . Suggest we go for Joe Hart - now released from Burnley FC .

EDIT
Even Colne have sussed that jobby out , as they have appointed an ex-England goalie Chris Kirkland as their goalkeeping coach and shown they are keeping up with the times [ pardon the pun ] and not letting the grass grow under their feet . And all for a few extra £Quid . Just how short-sighted can you get , and will we ever find out who put the ' blocker ' on this one ? Not a cat in hell's chance .
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 13 hours ago #12479

• wnolan
  • Thank you received: 3
It is great to know that if management are ever in a pickle on a Saturday afternoon, we have some fans with immense knowledge to step up to the plate.

Firstly there has been no news released of the players we have retained from last season so do not believe everything you are told by a mystery source.

Secondly, goalkeeper coach. This was never an issue discussed between management and our goalkeeper. Of course we would love to have a goalkeeping coach and if you would like to pay for one that would be a massive help but unfortunately voluntary ones are few and far between. Although for more than half of the season we did have Jake Williams in with the goalkeepers who has his goalkeeer coaching qualifications, so once again, not true. If you want the real reason, which is the same every pre season, players are lured away by more money and a higher division- the only reason.

Thirdly, Josh Hmami was never our player. Yes we missed out on him once he left TNS but once again he was offered more money by a team in our league. We do fantastically well on a relatively low budget. And that is no way an issue with the budget. Yes Harry could give us more and we could live beyond our means like a lot of teams do...but those teams can’t sustain it and end up cutting the budget and losing players. There is a reason why this club has been consistent for 54 years and that is because Harry controls the money well. We over achieve every season and we lose players because of money but don’t worry, come August/September/October the product on the pitch will be there and we will be challenging again.

For future clarification on things I am here to answer questions.

Cheers

Warren
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside, tanners croft

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 13 hours ago #12480

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
Warren , If The Devils Guard is the one who you claim to be a mystery source . You know and speak to Terry Marsh . now my name is upon the board And throwing the step up to the plate which is a baseball term at replacing anyone that has come out of you not me . I have done my time in football from school's to professional . And what I stated was two players have moved on , I have known Harry for a long time and my respect for a man who has kept Ramsbottom United 'GOING' like he has is incredible and I would never say anything about him except praise . What I said wasn't a mystery they have gone and my knowledge of the reason on one is what was said personally to me .I have one wish that Ramsbottom United keep up the standard they are achieving , I have not stated anything about the managerial people just why the keeper decided to move and not having a goalkeeping coach is the only reason he left , and I hope Tom goes higher than them and higher again but he needs help ' a goalkeeping coach ' if Ramsbottom United cannot afford one then they cannot afford one and the Club comes before a player . the next step I am not saying because it is non of my business I believe that is what you put stated in some way .I only wrote what I did so that Ramsbottom United supporters would know the goalkeeper and a on loan player who then was a player with no club till Marine went and signed him . This has left me with bad feeling not towards the club not towards Harry but towards the kind of written assault upon me I have had worse in my life but this one is the one upon me today . :evil: with for you if you see me again at Acrebottom Terence Marsh { Terry Marsh } Yes I still know people in football Warren . And I do hope this has been written politely , For my respect .

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 11 hours ago #12481

• wnolan
  • Thank you received: 3
My message was aimed at you and Hackers.

I was correcting the facts you had been told whilst also making sure Hackers was aware there was no ‘blocker’. We tried effortlessly throughout the season to bring in a goalkeeping coach (off our own back, not because Tom Stewart requested one). We always like to work with a goalkeeping coach and the 18/19 season Darren Ford helped out with Sam Ashton. But this year proved difficult and Jake a Williams, like I said, helped us out when he could in the second half of the season.

I meant no disrespect at all from my original post. I merely answered a few rumours and brought some truth to the comments.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 11 hours ago by wnolan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside

PLAYERS AWAY: 2 weeks 6 hours ago #12482

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Thanks for coming on and giving the management side to the supporters, Warren

I'm sure it will be much appreciated by the Rammy fan base, but please don't think some of these comments are a reflection of the supporters feelings. After a couple of years that have seen us reach the play-offs which was followed by a strong challenge for the NPL North title, not forgetting the historic FA Trophy run, the supporters are fully behind you.

I can't be arsed posting on here much these days, like many others, due to the ill informed and poorly thought opinions that seem to clog up every subject matter that arises

And I see the Chairman has the finger pointed at him yet again. Yes, he can be a pain in the arse sometimes, but he keeps a close eye on the purse strings for a reason. If you want a club living beyond its means to challenge those with much bigger incomes, I suggest you look a few miles down the road to what happened with Bury. Good management is the way forward for clubs like ours and for the last couple of seasons we have had it at The Riverside, so lets not piss them off with unjustified criticism as it took us 5 years to replace our last decent management team.

Cheers again, Warren, and hope to hear more from you as the new season draws closer
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft

PLAYERS AWAY: 1 week 3 days ago #12484

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Some interesting thoughts!
Fans always want more, but as has been noted, ask the fans of Bury if they would have taken less!
This club is one of the best run in non-league football (and I have experience of clubs who have been the opposite!) and whilst we all want to progress and be successful, realism needs to kick in. We play in the fourth level of non-league football (and an enjoyable level it is), and yes, we would love to go back up to level three. The efforts both on and off the pitch over the last couple of seasons show that we are very close to achieving that aim, whilst competing against clubs with a higher budget.
In the closed season, it's almost traditional that players come and go. This year will be no different.
However, this management team, aligned with Harry's renowned tightness, has once again proved that a tightly run ship can still be successful.
I, for one, cannot wait for the new season to begin, and I know we will once again be challenging near the top playing some delightful football.
And as a club, we'll all be pulling together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft

PLAYERS AWAY: 4 days 3 hours ago #12486

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Am still disappointed to have lost Tom & Nico but suppose there's no point crying over spilt milk . It will be a ' big ask '
to replace them both with like for like . They both proved to be fantastic signings and either could have gone straight in at National League level .
However , there must be a ray of sunshine in the offing somewhere and there is in that the person who made these two brilliant signings in the first place is still with us and have every faith in Chris our Manager to bring in two quality high calibre players to enable us to challenge for the play-offs again.

Also I thought Bet Victor were ending their League Sponsorship deal with us , so why do we keep on seeing their name ?
Cheers ,

Hackers - doh ! - just realised that Curzon are in the National League !

LATE EXTRA
Clearly we now need to bolster our forward line and get a man that can deliver the goods . Why not try and get fans favourite Greg Daniels back on dual registration as this guy can really ' mix it ' and ' deliver ' . Do you remember him coming on away at Widnes ? He came back from injury like a man possessed and his first tackle was something to behold - may have been a yellow card straight from the off . Was a legend at FCUM and a player with ' real punch ' - let's get him signed up and Joe Hart as well . No time for just fannying about , and whilst we're at it the Scott Burton lookalikee who spent time in Australia and now at Matlock - a real warrior with tungsten steel spine and no-shake knees - a real hard man & winner .
Last Edit: 2 days 20 hours ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds