Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 3 weeks 1 day ago #12550

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Not often that The Rams lose three games on the bounce . Time now to stop the experimenting and trialling of players . Hope we have no further friendly as we don't want any more injuries before Saturday's game . Irlam in NWCFL Prem Div , whereas Cheadle Town who proved stiff opposition in lower 1st Div South .
Should be well covered across midfield with Rother , Baker and Donaldson , and hoping that Thommo can shake of his injury . Also with our attack seemingly a bit thin on the ground , hope the Scarlet Pimpernel himself is on the team sheet otherwise why did we sign him . Hope also we have retained the tricky left winger who gave his own ' Take That ' to Cheadle Town with a wonder strike . Big week for Chris & Lee .
All that said , got the makings of a cracking game and a handsome cheque of £1444 for the winners .

EDIT
Have vague recollections of Irlam being involved in a big CUP TIE only a couple or so Season's back . Pretty sure it was a home tie for them and either FA Cup or FA Trophy . If FA Cup think they were drawn at home and played a top National League team [ maybe York City ? ] , or even an EFL Sky Bet 2 team . Won't be phased travelling up to Rammy . Also highly likely they will bring lots of supporters with them , maybe a 100 or so , so would be good to know early doors what the maximum gate will be and also about any changes to the ticketing arrangements to avoid last minute disappointment for either set of fans .
Hackers
ps For this game my new avatar is the Wembley Arch but need more pixels ? It does read Ramsbottom United FC . Very appropriate for the occasion but just a shite reproduction by me !
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 5 days ago #12551

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Would be helpful for us punters to know early doors what the max. gate capacity is set at for this game . Does anybody know ?

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 5 days ago #12552

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Ow do,
I may be wrong Hackers, but i`m sure i saw earlier that its up to 400.... i may have dream`t that though!!

Tanners 8)

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 5 days ago #12553

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Cheers Tanners - that's stopped me worrying . I'd just come off the Irlam website to check out the gate at their recent home tie Extra Prelim against Liversedge and the Attendance figure given was 165 . I must have had an early bout of CUP FEVER and don't normally get my knickers in a twist about these things , but Irlam wont be bringing 100 fans over with them .

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 5 days ago #12554

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Quite a good reproduction off an put upon Ramsbottom United now I have my microscope upon my dear chap. See You at my domain my Plantagenets the
Sprig of Broom.. The Devils Guard - TM

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 4 days ago #12555

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
The Devils Guard wrote:
Quite a good reproduction off an put upon Ramsbottom United now I have my microscope upon my dear chap. See You at my domain my Plantagenets the
Sprig of Broom.. The Devils Guard - TM

It's an age thing, Tel

I often have to have a microscope upon my dear chap these days too :lol:

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 3 days ago #12556

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I just can't imagine what our starting line up will be for this important FA Cup Tie . We are carrying quite a few injuries and goals may be hard to come by , but worry ye not as Hackers & El Tactico at their Summer Fantasy Football meetings held weekly at Clarence Lido have hatched a cunning plan . If by half time we haven't hit the back of the net and have had no real penetration up front , we could switch to a new formation and play twin centre-forwards , but the cunning plan would be to play Mason behind Sefton Gonzales . Mason would be in effect providing assists and killer through balls , and is well capable of rattling the onion bag himself .

Meat pie , sausage roll , Come on Rammy give us a goal .

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 1 day ago #12557

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
If anyone fancies a bit o' pre-match entertainment before we kick-off at 3.00pm , then you can tune in to watch our ex-Goalkeeper Tom Stewart now at Stalybridge Celtic playing away in the FA Cup Prelim Round at Stocksbridge Park Steels . Kick-Off 12.30pm BBC and press the RED button . Double bubble eh !
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 1 day ago #12558

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Will let the report writers write their Match Reports . For me just big thanks to Chris & Lee for getting us over this Prelim Round hurdle and for beavering away behind the scenes signing Olly Martin from FCUM and Aaron Burns from Nantwich Town , and for giving our Club a welcome prize fund cash boost . Looking forward to 1st Round Qualifying Draw next week , and am glad I can keep my avatar .

COYR

EDIT
First Round Qualifying is scheduled for the 22nd September . That's actually a Tuesday so must be a night game ! Hope we get another home draw , but not Stalybridge Celtic as we would be up against Tom Stewart who was the BBC's Man of the Match yesterday away at Stocksbridge , and worse still El Tactico tells me that Stalybridge have just signed NICO !
Last Edit: 2 weeks 20 hours ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- IRLAM FA CUP 2 weeks 1 day ago #12559

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 171
After a slow first half, we turned it around in the second half and produced some decent football and some great goals. I was pleased that Mason and Jake got well-deserved goals. Mason has been excellent in pre-season and it's lovely to see him being a key part of the squad this season rather than on the fringes as I felt last season he never got chance to achieve his potential. Jake also looks to be an excellent signing. Our back 4 looked really good (don't know what happened for their goal as I was still selling golden goal so can't comment on that!) which is encouraging and our new keeper is another quality signing.

Good that you've mentioned avatars, Hackers, it's time for me to change mine back to happy Little Katie :cheer:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds