Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time to reverse our home form

Time to reverse our home form 3 months 2 weeks ago #11438

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
The next three home games, it goes without saying, are critical. Without wanting to dwell on the fact our recent home form has been poor....which is the polar opposite to our away form. Let's hope Chris can address what he sees as the cause. Or is it the state of the pitch, which we all acknowledge is far from the best in the league? Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time to reverse our home form 3 months 2 weeks ago #11439

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Simply a brilliant topic raised by Big Jim , as I'm well puzzled too about our home defeats , especially against Widnes and Newcastle . I personally don't think it's the pitch to blame as same for both sides . So what is it then ? I'd love to know . Maybe just luck or a newly born ' home hoodoo ' cast upon us , but think the fans can help out by congregating more together and therefore make more noise to get the lads over the line , and put a second verse to the ' Pastie Song ' . :lol: :lol: or even make it a full first verse thinking about it. Also need to contact the Devil's Guard :evil: to see if he has cast some nasty spells on our home form - only joking of course .
COYR
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

Time to reverse our home form 3 months 2 weeks ago #11440

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I'm not so sure about the pitch having no effect as we are a passing team and the surface does not lend itself to that way of playing. I hope I'm wrong but as they say the proof will be in the pudding!
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by jimmacdonald.

Time to reverse our home form 3 months 2 weeks ago #11441

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
Although the pitch isn't perfect, I'd say it was in a lot better condition compared to many of the grounds we've been this season. In fact, I'd say Harry and his small team of helpers work wonders with the pitch and the volunteers should be applauded for their efforts

However, I think there could be an issue with the playing surface not being as wide as some away grounds. We certainly seem to play better when we can stretch the play and Weymouth away was a perfect example of that

Time to reverse our home form 3 months 2 weeks ago #11442

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
The only other thing not mentioned here in these postings is the rolling of the pitch with a heavy roller . However , the pitch can't be rolled when it is wet and soggy , and we've had a fair number of downpours lately , and the mini-tractor wheels going up and down the ground would make matters worse , so for the present time it is what it is .
Hackers
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds