Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gateshead

Gateshead 1 week 1 day ago #11768

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Although it’s another away game I actually think this is not a bad draw for us. If we get battered on the day we still walk way with £2,250 (on top of what we’ve already made) having progressed to the 2nd round qualifying for the first time in 6 years. On top of this the pressure is completely on them being at home and two divisions above.

It’s a new and exciting ground, a great opportunity to take a good away following and maybe put a coach on, and I suspect that if we can snatch a draw and bring them back to Rammy on the Tuesday they won’t like playing on our narrow pitch (Fylde found this difficult in the trophy last year).

So all in all, lots to look forward to! COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

Gateshead 1 week 1 day ago #11769

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
An excellent posting Mottttty - Good Lad - and nice one for flagging up the idea of resurrecting the Rammy Rocket .
I don't think it matters a jot whether we play them home or away . If we can maintain our away momentum having won away already twice in the FA Cup , and also if we can take a fully fit squad up there with Rubes and Danny Naidole back to their best , then I really do think we could get something out of the game . If you add ' Chuck ' , Karl Jones , and Josh Hmami to the mix , then it gives us a whole host of options up front , and that's a key component of what could prove over the next few weeks to be an awesome attacking force . I think we look really ' professional ' in our white and purple strip , which is reminiscent to me of the old England white strip but now with the modern addition of purple ' bling ' .
Stand out tie for me - Irlam -v- York City

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Hackers.

Gateshead 1 week 1 day ago #11770

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Right there Mottty, another ground chalked off the list. If ever there was a case for a coach, this is definitely it. We can go with the knowledge that on our day, we can give a team like Gateshead a run for their money. No room for any Gateshead complacency.

Looking forward to the trip.

Gateshead 1 week 1 day ago #11771

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
Very happy with that draw and, as Motty says, we've nothing to lose. However, no reason to think we can't come away from the north-East with something, especially with our cup record over the last 12 months

Ha'way The Rams :cheer:

Gateshead 1 week 1 day ago #11775

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mottty , pls can you do us a favour and edit your heading and extend it to read ' Gateshead - Emirates FA Cup ' . I think this game deserves the full title , and it's OK being a combination of upper and lower case .
Cheers.

Gateshead 1 week 1 day ago #11776

• Rammy Blue
  • Thank you received: 5
Motty - can :P you please :( do us another :kiss: favour and :sick: add random :evil: emojis to the :pinch: text of your :ohmy: original post :dry:

Gateshead 3 days 3 hours ago #11805

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I see that Gateshead now occupy 8th spot in the National North Division having beaten Boston United 3 - 0 at home yesterday . I also notice that they have a midweek fixture away at Hereford on Tues 17th , so a fair trek to make there and back , whereas The Rams midweek game has been postponed . I'm also told that the International Stadium at Gateshead is an ' all seater ' stadium , so I do hope the Rammy Ultras can comply with the Health & Safety rules concerning Ground Safety and therefore do not stand up in their seats , and I also advise that any Ultra chants referring to seagulls , pasties , and Colwyn Bay are pointless and will fall on deaf ears , as I doubt ' The Heed Army ' would even know where Colwyn Bay is !
Last Edit: 3 days 2 hours ago by Hackers.

Gateshead 3 days 1 hour ago #11806

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mottttttttttttty ,
I am still not enamoured with your pathetic little heading for next weekend's MEGA FIXTURE away at Gatesheed . What makes your posting even worse is that it is listed under the category - Rules and Regulations 2019 [ at least the correct year ] and is all in lower case except for the capital ' G ' .
Anyway , as a saving grace for you and because you got your arse up to Ossett yesterday , I shall now forget about it and not refer to it again .
As for Rammy Blue , I can only assume that this geezer or maybe geezeress likes to ' take the pissy ' when the opportunity arises with his/her emojis reference . Well I did think it was funny , and let's all remember that a good and well timed Piss Take is an integral part of British humour , and it's good to take the pissy every now and again - it's what makes the world go around .

Also the gate at GATES'HEED' yesterday was 1134 with 85 Boston United fans making their trip up to the G.I.S. , so on that basis on being for them and us the small matter of the game being in the EMIRATES FA CUP then I reckon the gate next weekend should be well over 1000+ , so highly likely that a whole load of Forum Cruisers will see your miserable little heading , when you're so much better than that .
Last Edit: 3 days 1 hour ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds