Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Richie Baker

Richie Baker 4 weeks 10 hours ago #11946

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Ramsbottom United FC v Runcorn Linnets: A personal comment The first half was the Linnets our custodian Tom Stewart played well in his defensive duties. I enjoyed being with his dad during the first half talking about goalkeeping as it has changed from being defensive to going of their line when I prefer a keeper to stay on his line until it is needed for him to come out and rolling the ball to a wing back to play up from. Right I moved for the second half to the Geoff Lay Stand for midfield watching when Richie Baker settled in to a position allowing the other midfield players to push up the ball was played on the floor and the team as full looked very effective and had the Linnets running. A full game playing and moving would put The Rams in a higher blend of creativity, that has to be done in training a lot of the time the quickness and the high back line is to fast from one to another touch football. This is only my view but Rammy have a talented squad of players and I really liked the ball on the floor time they had. Everything is challenging to do and change these lines I used to talk to the managers I worked with in my time doing this tactical and technical part of football , its an easy game when played to a working foundation :evil: .
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

Richie Baker 2 weeks 2 days ago #11970

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Could be right or wrong on this , but it strikes me that ever since ex-Shaker and midfield player Richie Baker joined The Rams it seems Rammy's downward spiral has been reversed and he has been the catalyst for our change in fortunes , along with the return of Thommo .
For quite some time now The Devil's Guard aka El Tel has been banging on for the need for a midfield ' holding ' player . Whilst we have already our 2 top midfield dynamos in Jamie and Steady Eddie who cover acres of ground every game , by both being all over the place and chasing everything down , there must be times when they are strategically ' out of position ' when the opposition mount their attacks and our midfield becomes exposed and gaps inevitably occur and we can be cut through like a knife through butter and are made to suffer for it . Having a holding midfielder negates a lot of that weakness which El Tel was trying to bring to our attention .

One thing that almost all our Forummies won't know is El Tel's football past . As a player a tough no-nonsense centre-back and often goalkeeper until a motor bike accident ended his career . He has had extensive coaching and tutoring and playing experience with and from the Coach at Real Madrid in their glory days when Alfredo Di Stefano and Ferenc Puskas were in their heyday and winning 5 consecutive European Cup Finals . Also how many of us can say we have talked football tactics with ' The Lion of Vienna ' - Nat Lofthouse O.B.E. in El Tel's days past , when assisting with coaching at Bolton Wanderers Academy when at Burnden Park and Sir Nat was like-minded and thought well of El Tel's knowledge and tactical play .
Add to all this his part managerial role at Highfield United who were the best team in the Bury Central area in their time and it all adds up to an impressive CV and time spent in the football past down the decades , once coming up against our very own Mr Harry Williams when Manager of Rammy United in a time past and a game in which Highfield won .

So when you buy your programme this Saturday at home to Marske , then you can look at El Tel in a different light or should it be now El Tactico . All amazing stuff or what , you should be gobsmacked as I was .

Hackers
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Hackers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

Richie Baker 2 weeks 20 hours ago #11975

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Having seen the now Mighty Rams take Marske United to the cleaners yesterday , I'm more convinced than ever that the signing of Richie Baker is a masterstroke by the Manager and Club , and he is the final piece in the jigsaw that seems to have turned our Season's fortunes around . A great leadership performance from him yesterday on the park and a top goal to rattle the onion bag and quieten down their gobshite of a keeper . On reflection now , I think there is a huge difference between the playing styles of teams from Northumberland / Tyne and Wear as opposed to Cleveland .
Teams like Blyth Spartans and South Shields and Gateshead don't play the aggressive roughed up stuff like Marske's ' no prisoners ' mindset .
I'm beginning to think that Cleveland is where all the ' Roughyeds ' hang out a bit like the correlation between Bramhall and Ancoats both being relatively near to each other . If you're feeling in the need anytime for a good ' Rammy ' [ look it up on Google - noun , Scottish ] , then all I'll bet you have to do is to drive up to any pub in Redcar to get it on and have your lights punched out . One thing that is for certain is they'll know the EXACT date of the reverse fixture and will be waiting for us BIG STYLE . Bring it on .
And finally at Marske - on - Sea , if you go with the old adage ' that there's safety in numbers ' then suggest putting a coach on with a gattlin gun mounted on the rooftop to blow the buggers out of the water if they start any aggro .
Last Edit: 2 weeks 13 hours ago by Hackers.

Richie Baker 2 weeks 16 hours ago #11977

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 225
Hackers wrote:
One thing that is for certain is they'll know the EXACT date of the reverse fixture and will be waiting for us BIG STYLE . Bring it on .
And finally at Marske - on - Sea , if you go with the old adage ' that there's safety in numbers ' then suggest putting a coach on with a gattlin gun mounted on the rooftop to blow the bastards out of the water if they start any aggro .

:ohmy:

You've really outdone yourself with that one, Hackers

The Marske support, although small in numbers, seemed to be a more than decent set of people. In fact, I've always enjoyed my visits up the north-East and generally find them among the friendliest supporters around

Would love to know what your thinking is to come to the above conclusion
Last Edit: 2 weeks 16 hours ago by From the Darkside.

Richie Baker 2 weeks 12 hours ago #11979

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmm - well Mr. Darkside not an easy one to reply to but I'll do my best in recognition and respect of your role as Chair of the Supporters Group .
First of all , and not wanting to get in the shit again and before I read your posting , but knowing you had posted , I thought it better to delete one word and replace it with another , so not to offend anyone , and furthermore put myself in the spotlight and risk of a further possible ' ban ' and therefore being chucked off our fab forum .

Secondly of all and now to the nitty gritty of the match itself , I can advise that none of my text refers to the travelling Marske United fans themselves , although few in number they seemed well behaved all round and caused no problems whatsoever .

Thirdly of all , my big and only gripe was about the Marske players , especially their Manager and his team in their dugout and their noisy goalkeeper . In the first half I was standing with Statto and Mr Grumpy [ as Sophie refers to him ] , and stood at the side of the Harry Williams Stand in front of the Men's urinal . I did ask Statto and Mr . Storey as to just whom was shouting there heads off and making all that noise . I received no reply from either , but it sounded to my ears to come from the Marske dugout and their keeper constantly balling out , hence the reference to him being a gobshite , for which I make no apology .

Fourthly of all , would anyone know the ' foul count ' [ better be careful I've spelt that right ] as Marske's foul count must be way greater than ours , and just who got the most red and yellow cards . Irywah got fouled that many times he was lucky not to pick up an injury . Just who stuck the nut on someone and got sent off - it wasn't a Rammy player . I'm not saying that Marske are a ' dirty ' side , but my view is they are a very competitive set of ' bruisers ' which must reflect the area they come from , and I don't profess to be an expert on geography but don't see these geezers as the ever friendly Geordies from the North East . No , these bruisers are more like the arseholes we met at Goole , and really doubt whether Cleveland forms part of what we believe the football hotbed of the true North East to be .
Seems to me now that Cleveland is more like Cowboy Country but may well be a Region full of talent as I know that Redcar in Cleveland produced England's No 1 Table Tennis player being Dennis Neale back in the day , cos I used to go out with his missus before and after she met him , but not during just to clarify . He was England's No.1 either before or after Chester Barnes .

EDIT
Having said all that , Marske will deffo finish in the Top 5 . No question about that .
Last Edit: 2 weeks 10 hours ago by Hackers.

Richie Baker 2 weeks 11 hours ago #11980

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Fair play for attempting to answer my query, Hackers, but you seem to be missing the main point of my comment.

No one is suggesting Marske weren't combative, which I had no issues with at all, but you seem to be suggesting that when we travel up there we might be expecting some 'aggro'. I found this insulting to Marske United FC, their supporters, along with the entire region of Cleveland and certainly not representative of our supporters point of view.

Remember, this is a public forum and comments like that reflect poorly on the supporters of Ramsbottom United
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapdragon

Richie Baker 2 weeks 10 hours ago #11981

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmm - again .
We were both at the game , but clearly see on the pitch play in a different light from each other . Just to clarify , I don't expect any aggro from Marske fans either inside or outside the Ground . I don't know without checking on Bet Victor when the return fixture is scheduled for , and there also remains the possibility we may have to travel up there a second time for a play-off semi-final . Either way , I would expect Marske to want revenge for their humbling at The Riverside , and would expect aggro , but on the pitch only . Hope that clears things up . Also Marske is nowhere near Tyneside and is more Teesside and I don't see that as ' Geordieland ' and I'm entitled to my viewpoint and opinion .

Richie Baker 2 weeks 8 hours ago #11982

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Hackers wrote:
I'm entitled to my viewpoint and opinion .

Of course you are, but when it reflects badly on the club and the supporters expect to be called out on it

Once more, as with the homophobic comments you made concerning the Fylde game last season, you totally fail to understand what the main issue is and continue to avoid it with irrelevent comments

Have you ever stopped to think why the numbers who post on here has dropped dramatically over the past few months?

Richie Baker 2 weeks 4 hours ago #11983

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
What ever has happened down the unnamed lane it has changed the team at the far end of the lane, Ramsbottom United have turned into a collective side with passion. When an experienced player slots in and holds the midfield as Richie Baker has done then can sit midfield and unleash a dream of a goal dreams do come true. Welcome to the dream all of you it is. :evil: Terry Marsh .
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds