Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12091

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 21
I know it's in April but just putting up the header now. '3 points up for grabs' 'could be a 'game changer'' if the weather holds off. expecting Colls to 'take the game' to us with everything to 'play for'. Should be a good one with both teams starting the game with 11 players each and running around for 90 minutes trying to put the ball in the other's goal. Using feet only of course. hopefully other results will 'go our way' too
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12092

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And with both teams running around on a grass pitch, wearing shirts, shorts and socks this game is a hard one to call

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12094

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Mmmmmmm - well that's a posting out of the blue from LJDV topic-wise . Is this guy Louis Vuitton the handbag geezer ?? However , and not withstanding the former remark , strangely enough from a topic perspective was part of a conversation our small group of Rammy supporters had in the car back from Brighouse yesterday , with one member predicting [ not me ] that his eventual League Champions would be Pontefract Collieries . Well Ponte Coll's have 4 games in hand on all three teams above them and that includes ourselves . If they were to win them all and gain a further 12 points , they would sit atop the League , so can be seen as the dark horse in the race for the Championship , instead of Marske being the dark horse . Wasn't it a Collieries team that won the League last season . That's just spooky man , am crapping my silk boxer shorts just thinking about it ! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

nb . This home fixture scheduled for Saturday 11th April .
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12095

• LJDV
it's worth noting too that both teams may or may not have played several matches in quick succession in the run up to this fixture (depending on other domestic competitions and the notoriously unpredictable weather in March and April) so it may or may not be worth looking at squad rotation for this one. We may or may not have also been unlucky enough to have picked up a couple of injuries by that point too so that's one for 'the gaffer' to 'mull over' -or suspensions no less. Equally we may or may not have added another player or two to the roster by then so they might be able to play the full 90 too. or come on as a substitute. or not, as the manager sees fit. hmm i wonder what the final scoreline will be.

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12097

• LJDV
could be a win, lose or draw this one. I for one am hoping for a win though.
COYR

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12098

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm with Luis on this one and think it could be a win, lose or draw

Interestingly, if we were to get promoted this season we could be returning to our traditional Boxing Day fixture against Radcliffe. An intriguing possibility as both teams could be battling it out in the play-off positions by then or in a relegation dogfight. If not, it could be a mid table clash. Might be a good idea for Chris to bring a Sports Scientist to ensure the players don't eat too much Xmas pudding as this could give us an advantage in this must win game
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12099

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
This thread is absolute Gold, or possibly some other precious metal if our Chairman can't get his hands on said bullion? I'm sure Sterling Silver would be a more than adequate replacement if the gold is unavailable, maybe 'Arry needs to get G4S involved to ensure a smooth delivery down to the Riverside or he may well have to call in Securitas if there's an overtime ban/work to rule on @ the G4S depot? We'll have to watch for those speed bumps (or are they sleeping policemen?) on the lane, they could almost definitely throw a spanner right in the works,or there may even be a requirement for the Groundsman's fork if said spanner is being used to fix our mower, which isn't cutting the grass to the prescribed length anyway?! After saying all of that we may just have to accept Bronze as the fall back option transported in the Rammy Rocket, or should that be the players cars, seeing as the RR is a thing of the past?
At the end of the day if we take all of that into account, the weather, be it rain, hail, snow, frost, high winds (@ least 7 on the Beaufort scale) or even a good old fashioned pea souper could ensure the delivery never makes it way down Bridge Street & if the Level crossing gates are closed we're knackered anyway?? :whistle:

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12100

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
I'm pretty sure that none of the contributors to this ' golden thread ' were script writers for shows like Dad's Army , Fawlty Towers , Blackadder , It Ain't Half Hot Mum , Are You Being Served , Crossroads and the like , but if any of these shows are to be re-made in the future with a modern twist then get ready for a call from BBC/ITV Production Dept. Maybe change ' Are You Being Served ' to ' Are You Taking The Pissy ' or to be more PC , then ' Are You Taking The Michael Dear Boy ' . Could even see a call from Pixar or Disney and a future Cartoon Series ! ! :silly: :silly: :silly: ps - By the way does anyone know if LJDV is Louis Vuitton the handbag geezer ??
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12102

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
The funniest thing I have read from the men behind the wall looking at the game is saying to play the game one needs a shirt, shorts and socks a pair of boots come in handy for the footsies and a used to be a casey now it is a ball that spins, the big miss before the governing body of someone somewhere bans it is using your head not just the feet. Writing trollop is not the best thing I have done in football while you behind the wall were jerking up laughter I was in words and art sketching some corner ball moves on a positional sense from my memory library from the friends from Royal Madrid in English Real in Spanish for no other reason to think /study how they would make a bunched together around the penalty spot to surmount { overcome a difficulty or obstacle } the problem every time a corner or free kick is taken. Now I will stand down and enjoy the daft talk you ply out so well. :evil
Post Scriptum: Hackers with myself will see you at Dunston 21/01/2020

RAMS HOME TO PONTEFRACT COLLS 8 months 1 week ago #12103

• LJDV
Hackers wrote:
I'm pretty sure that none of the contributors to this ' golden thread ' were script writers for shows like Dad's Army...blah blah blah... or to be more PC , then ' Are You Taking The Michael Dear Boy ' . Could even see a call from Pixar...blah blah... ! ! :silly: :silly: :silly: ps - By the way does anyone know if LJDV is Louis Vuitton the handbag geezer ??
Not too sure where to start here so let's see how we get on.
No, you're quite right, Hackers - neither myself, Daz nor Brox can claim any writing credits for those shows (to the best of my knowledge). Much like yourself, they were produced way before I was born in a wildly different era when the world was a very different place.
Secondly, I'm not convinced 'taking the piss(y)' is un-PC. Political correctness is more about not marginalising, insulting or excluding certain groups (has someone not already been through all this with you? it's ringing a bell) - for example speaking in a stereotypical East Asian accent, purposely mispronouncing the names of football players from BAME backgrounds, using avatars that depict racial stereotypes or suggesting by way of a put down that a male may work in the fashion industry because it's a traditionally female-led sector and you want to call their sexuality into question. Forgive me, I could be wrong and jumping to snowflake conclusions. But let's face it. I'm not. Your commentaries and musings are delivered with the subtlety of TK rifling a spot-kick home.

I'll leave you with a picture of my namesake, who for the record actually died about 130 years ago so probably wouldn't be posting on a non-league football forum. I haven't shared that though purely to highlight the inaccuracies in a joke you were so proud of you wrote it twice in the same thread. I just thought it was funny and apt. Cos it looks like he's fed up of listening to someone chat shit all day too.

#COYR
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds