Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LEAGUE SUSPEND FIXTURES

LEAGUE SUSPEND FIXTURES 6 months 1 week ago #12256

• TottyRams
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 22
Full League Statement is below

The Northern Premier League has today decided, reluctantly, to suspend all fixtures until further notice in light of the escalating Covid-19 outbreak.

The League would like to congratulate the players, officials, volunteers and fans of clubs able to stage games at the weekend and notes the excellent attendances at those fixtures. Whilst the primary responsibility of the League is to the financial sustainability of its member clubs, the number of clubs reporting players or officials in self-isolation has now reached a point at which continuing to play games would severely undermine the integrity of the competition.

In consultation with the partners Eliteform, all NPL Football Academy fixtures have also been suspended until further notice.

The NPL is well aware that clubs and fans need clarity around whether the 2019/20 season is to be suspended temporarily or permanently, and the full implications of either eventuality. The NPL will be working with the other Alliance Leagues and the Football Association, to assess the various options and to agree a way forward.

As soon as we are able to, we will share that information with member clubs and their supporters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

LEAGUE SUSPEND FIXTURES 6 months 1 week ago #12257

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Can’t say i’m surprised. What they can’t do now is void the season. Surely it has to come to some conclusion, whether its delay next season or play a shorter season next season. Even let the two teams with the highest ppg go up if need be, but to void the season would be a big kick in the teeth to everyone at the club who has put so much work into making this season a success.

LEAGUE SUSPEND FIXTURES 6 months 1 week ago #12259

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm sure none of us want to go without our football, especially with The Rams having such a great season, but the right decision has been made under the circumstances. Not sure what the league will do moving forward and some big questions ahead for the game in general.

If we have any supporters who may be affected by having to self isolate over the next few weeks, we're going to try and set up some sort of network via the Supporters Club to give help where it's needed. I'll post more on a separate thread when we have some details
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers, BroxBlue
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds