Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RISK ASSESSMENT

RISK ASSESSMENT 1 month 6 days ago #12466

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Would be an opportune time for our Club to think about and write up a Draft Risk Assessment at least for fans & away supporters . I don't think it would be satisfactory to just ' cut and paste ' the one from say Blackburn Rovers . Every Club will have its own quirks & oddities and each Risk Assessment will have to be tailored to each individual Club . There's gonna be 1001 things that each Club will have to cover to produce a bio- safe environment for all . Here's a few to wang round in your head . As for parking , will cars have to be 2 metres apart ? , presume no sitting in the Tea Bar . What about being able to walk all way around the Ground as we have done in the past both clock-wise and anti-clockwise as I think that would be a complete no no . Would away fans be segregated ? Would there have to be 2 metre markings and stickers all over the stands & terraces for social distancing , and maybe a ' One Way ' system introduced for fans . Can you social distance in an Executive Box ?
Does ourClub have to pay to test the Referee and his 2 Assistants for every home game we play . Do the match balls have to be wiped and sterilised ? What happens when were due to play a home game with a Team from a highly infected area where the ' R ' is above 1 owing to a local spike ? Just a few hurdles here for starters , and I'll let you all come up with the other 990+ problems .

EDIT - The only upside that I can see from this Covid-caper is that when we get back underway and the match balls end up in the River , at least they'll be fished out and be 100% covid-free , as there's enough shite , bugs , and germs to kill stone dead any lurking covid virus and any Ebola virus come to that ! !

However , fully agree with TT 58 that playing behind closed doors is a complete no no , just in financial terms alone .
No gate income , no raffle money , no Golden Goal money , no sales at Tea Bar , no Programme money etc etc . However , on the expenditure side , players wages , Managers wages , Physio wages , Match Officials fees , Ground Maintenance Charges , Peppercorn Ground Rent , Water Charges , Electricity , Diesel Fuel for Generator , no income from Executive Boxes , Club Insurance Premium etc. etc. It just doesn't all add up and even balance out or break even .

If you go along with all this then it follows that The Rams can't afford to play at home with no crowd and no gate receipts . So what happens next ? . Well the capacity of The Riverside Ground was listed at 2000 max , and the average League attendance is given as 307 by Bet Victor Tables . There's also talk of reducing social-distancing down to just 1 metre . At 2m distance I doubt whether you could get 307 fans on the Ground , but probably could at 1m separation . So this all leads to the Government allowing social gatherings to take place , maybe with a limit of 500 people , but that would be of no use to Premier & EFL Teams , but would be of use to us at Step 8 . How funny would that be for the ' little ' teams to get one over on the Big Wigs !

EDIT
If you compare Football Stadia with office space , it seems that only 15% of commercial office space can be ' useable ' space with 2 metre social-distancing in place . If you relate this rule of thumb to Football Stadia , it means that full capacity of fans at The Riverside Stadium would be 300max . Just a thought , but close to our average gate of 307 . That might work for us , but not against sides like Workington . The Rams highest gate last season is listed at 622 which I presume was our Workington home game .
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds